Vegan Orange Cherry Muffins
These vegan orange cherry muffins are delightfully sweet, fruity, and simple to make! The focused fruit flavors of orange, cherry, and banana make them a healthy go-to.
Vegan Orange Cherry Muffins. If you’re vegan, you’re probably thinking yaaaaaaas! If you’re not a vegan you’re probably think, um no. But, hear me out. Because I know this is going to sound crazy, but vegan baked goods are some of the fluffiest, moistest, most delicious baked goods I’ve ever tried. And I’ve tried a lot of baked treats.
Autumn Calabrese and her brother Chef Bobby Calabrese have rounded out the rest of the recipe using gluten-free flour, almond flour, baking powder, chopped walnuts, sea salt, ground flaxseed, vanilla, maple syrup, orange juice, peanut butter, and of course, orange zest and cherries.
- 1 cup banana, large, very ripe
- 1/2 cup cherries, chopped, fresh
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice (approx 1-2 medium oranges)
- 2 tsp. ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, raw, chopped
- 2 tbsp. all-natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, gluten-free
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin organic coconut oil
- 3/4 cup maple syrup, Grade B
- 1 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 can nonstick cooking spray
Here are your instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers and lightly coating
3. Combine flour, almond flour, baking powder, walnuts, and salt in a large
mixing bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Place oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, orange peel, orange juice, ground
flaxseed, banana, and extract in blender; cover. Blend until smooth;
approx. 30 seconds.
5. Add peanut butter mixture to flour mixture; mix until just moistened. Do
6. Add cherries; fold until just mixed.
7. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. (One-quarter cup batter should fill
each cup about three-quarters full.)
8. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick
inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven; allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before removing
muffins from pan and cooling completely on a rack. Enjoy!
• Not all brands of all-purpose gluten-free flour are vegan, so be sure to
check the label.
• Grade B maple syrup has a very strong, intense flavor that can be similar
to molasses, and is perfect for baking.
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Sugar: 18 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 266 mg
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g