Quick & Easy Breakfast Quiche
This easy morning meal option is versatile enough to allow you to pop in your own favorite produce.
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers (from jar), squeezed of liquid
- 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts (in water, not marinated), squeezed of liquid
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Liberal sprinkling herbes de Provence
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten (or equivalent egg substitute)
- 1 1/2 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 oz grated parmesan
Here are your instructions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large skillet on medium to medium-high, sauté mushrooms, red peppers, artichoke hearts and onions in olive oil and herbes de Provence until softened and warmed through. Place mixture in a round cake pan, or divide among 4 large ramekins, either misted lightly with cooking spray. Cover with eggs and add goat cheese in small drops before sprinkling with Parmesan.
Cook in oven for 25 minutes or until set. Enjoy or let cool to room temperature, cover and store in fridge. Serve warmed or cold.
Nutrients per serving (quarter of quiche with 1/2 cup vegetables):
Calories: 168, Total Fat: 8 g, Sat. Fat: 3 g, Carbs: 7 g, Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 17 g, Sodium: 367 mg, Cholesterol: 8 mg.