Proper Footwear: A Good Foundation
Just as in many aspects of life, having a strong foundation and base is a must. When beginning your fitness journey, it is vital to make sure you find the proper footwear to exercise in. Foot injuries can keep you away from the gym, or running, and be the cause of excruciating pain. Some people like to workout barefoot, but, if that is not you, keep reading.
Before finding the right shoe, you need to find the right sock. Here are a few tips to consider when finding the best sock for you:
- Socks should be breathable and moisture wicking to prevent blisters
- Loose socks allow friction which can cause abrasions
- Find socks that have cushioning on the bottom
What you wear on your feet can be vital to your health and help to keep you motivated to stay on your path to becoming more fit. I have separate shoes for my daily Beachbody home workouts, and a pair just for running. I have found a local store in Daytona Beach area that I LOVE, so, if you are local, reach out to me and I will give you their information.
- Start by finding a store that will measure your feet professionally
- Many stores can track your gait and get the proper shoe for your specific style
- Fit and comfort over style and color
While finding the perfect sock and shoe can be a life saver, sometimes finding an additional custom fit insole is needed to maximize comfort and injury prevention.